As I have chosen to develop and create an information graphic using data based around the topic of The London 2012 Paralympics. I had to practice different techniques and skills on editing softwares; in order for me to portray the data in a more appealing and visual manner.
First Attempt at using photoshop to create a visual image.
Before edit images
This image helps me to represent the top 5 countries in the medal table. My thought process behind this edit and layer masking of images was to
- Showcase that talent and countries are open with welcome hands, that talent is something to be captured and talent can bring nations together as one.
- China is out side of the hands and centralised to showcase they where the superior country in terms of the medal table. Also to showcase the aspiring countries. Mainly the hierarchy / status.
- Also with this, it could mean different things to different people
- that we have the world in our hands and the world is one and united
- That we have the world in our hands (iconography of the song)
Other readings and connotations (the preferred reading the meanings that i want the audience to get from it. Alternative readings or oppositional readings)
I believe this particular attempt went really well in terms of the layering and masking. However, I think i am going to have other attempts using the same data but a different style of edit using other techniques, to see if there is a better way to present the data. I need to consider the audience and what they will like to see and what will grab the audiences attention.