when researching I will have a look into the different areas that is of interest to me and I will also consider what I think I could do to my highest standard. Areas I want to look more in-depth at are:
- Sports – I have a true passion for sports, I find sports articles and reports the most interesting. As I like sports the most, this gives me an advantage as I’ve read loads of stuff what’s already been done. Plus I already have built up a large contact base. This also gives me a disadvantage as I may get too close to the subject at hand.
- Health – Health is an important subject for all its a part of everyday life and it helps to educate, inform and highlights key information. This style of writing is seen to be positive and negative.
- Travel – This would take me out of my comfort zone but I think it would be interesting to do. I’ve only personally started travelling abroad in the last two years and think it’s incredible but also difficult. I believe this is due to me having special needs.
I’ve done research and come up with some possible story ideas, for instance;
for health, it could be –
- a feature about keeping fit and healthy whilst being wheelchair bound.
- a feature about a local care firm failing to care for clients which are most vulnerable.
for sports, it could be –
- issues still faced in the world of disability sports
- the importance of inclusion clubs and sports
- how yearly competitions help mental and physical health
for travel, it could be –
- issues with travelling abroad if an individual have special needs and where the best places to go