To make the front cover I ended up using and editing pieces together within Photoshop then placing them in my final InDesign project.
I wanted to make the front cover a bit more creative so I found a cartoon of president Nixon on the internet then got a rope picture. Once opened up in Photoshop I then used the magic wand tool to get ride of the background. I then used puppet warp to transform the rope shape to the desired shape of my choice. I got rid of the red tones within the cartoon character to make it like the life was drained out of him. The noose at the top will hang off a Letter in the title.
This was the next piece I used. I found an image of a smashed tomato and removed the background . I then enriched the colours to make them darker.