Creation of Light Beams
- Set up a document page in photoshop
- Set the background to black
- Made a new layer
- Used the rectangle marquee tool and draw a rectangle downwards
- Click shift delete the fill pallet pops up
- Set use to 50% grey, click ok and deselect
- Go to the filter dropdown bar and render (click fibers)
- I changed the Variance (4) and Strength (36) click ok
- Then go to filter, blur and motion blur
- Set the Distance to 250 pixels and the angle 90 degree up and down blur (click ok)
- Apply layer mask and click the gradient tool and click the 2nd box in on the pallet
- Mask out the top layer by holding shift and dragging down
- Once done go the the layer mask and drag to bin (the masked area stays)
- Press CMD and T to free transform and rotate the shape to the angle required
- Right click on the shape and go to distort (then move corners in to make a triangle shape at the top.
- Go to image adjust (hue and saturation making sure the colourise box is ticked)
- Select colour required
- Then if wanted duplicate layer to make more versions of the light beam.
- Make the circle place on floor to make the light seem to hit the floor. Use the elliptical marquee tool and create a squished circle. Fill shape with same colour of beam
- Filter, blur, gausian blur, set Radius to 15 and click ok this make the round edges not so sharp
- Also you can add text if wanted (making shadows to reflect the light bounce)
This was the outcome when I followed my notes step by step. I will then place this into my Indesign file.