Think 6 ps
- Purpose – What is the story, what is it I want to produce?
- Plan – who to interview what multi media do I need to use. Equipment needed. Wifi and editing tools apps in the field.
- Production – what apps need to be used.
- Publishing – Make sure wifi is available.
- Cross posting – what apps can you duplicate the content over. Getting the news spread
- Position – Maps or geo- tagging could it be useful to project.
To me as a Journalist this is incredibly important to remember as this will help to ensure that I am getting the news out sufficiently, at a fast speed and over many different pieces of multi media. This means the news can be seen or heard by the audience.
- Make sure when filming your phone is horizontal (home button should be on the right hand side) This is because a TV screen is this way. People don’t view things up and down but across. This also helps to capture a wide view of the scene.
- Make sure the phone is fully charged and any other equipment. Loss of power means the news can’t be published or captured.
- lens can capture dust and get things on so make sure the lens is cleaned.
- Notifications can be a pain and disrupt filming so put it on areoplane mode.