John Pilger – War correspondent. Film maker and author
“Official truths are often powerful illusions”
- Daily Mirror: Becon chief foreign correspondent and reported from all over the world, covering numerous wars, notably Vietnam.
- US upheavals following assassination of Martin Luther.
- 1999 Welcome to Australia – an examination of the exclusion of Australia aborigines.
- A four year investigation on behalf of a group of children damaged at birth by the drug Thalidomide and left out of the settlement with drug the company.
- Champions social justice.
- Journalist embedded: What you see/hear is controlled by the government. Independent journalists get a clearer picture. A truer story.
Investigation into the media’s role in war, tracing the history of embedding. The military try to manipulate and control the media. To avoid showing the events they don’t want to be shown.
Truth v propaganda