In todays session we had a tutorial/ workshop on how to use the pathfinder tool in Adobe Illustrator. This task-required use to follow the process of the task step by step from what the tutor was doing.
The followed (step by step) process included.
- Opening illustrator, create a new art board, landscape orientation and A3 page size.
- Window pathfinder
- Type text, increase size, change font (perpeptuer)
- Object, expand to turn it into a graphic
- Right click and ungroup type, allowing you to move them individually
- Move the D into the E
- Place a line cutting through the d
- Then select the d and the line and divide using the pathfinder tool
- Right click, ungroup and then you can drag the end of the d away from it all and then delete it
- Select all of the shapes and click unite on pathfinder
- Change colour of shape
- Select gradient tool
- Drag out radiance and transparency boxes
- Select pen tool
- Create a shape
- Use black arrow to select type, copy it
- Shift and select all of it and click intersect
screen shots of process
The product ended up looking like this
By learning how to use the path finder tool it has open up more ways that i can create a visual and dynamic imagery. I could use this within my own practition as i could but up the layers and shapes. This task I found really simple and not difficult to follow.