Mind map of ideas
We have been asked to plan and create a 3-minute video that reflects on any topic we choose. I have chosen to focus my 3-minute video on Disability sports and the aspirations for getting involved in sports. Before conducting any filming, I have to do lots of research into the different disability sports available in the local area and research that will help give my video factual and accurate information. Also to gain more knowledge on people I have potentially lined up for interviews, this is important as when in an interview I want to be able to build up that rapport and keep the conversation flowing with ease. If the interviewee brings up a good point and I haven’t done the correct research I will struggle to have a follow up question that may be crucial for my video.
Some of the things I am hoping to include are
- Actuality footage
- Archive footage from my previous work
- PTC’s Piece to cameras
- Royalty free music
In the interviews I conduct will all follow the same structure, for instance ask similar or the same questions. For me this is important as when coming to edit the video together, I can montage interviews, picking out the key sound bites.
From experience of doing projects before it takes a lot of planning (pre-production). This makes the filming process much more clear and easy. Some of the documentations I will be providing is:
- Camera shot list. This is crucial as it plans out the different types of shots I will need to capture when out on location. Having planned this out means I can get exactly what I want. Having a mixture of shots will help when at the post production stage, as it will allow me to pick and chose the best.
- Recce and Risk assessment will be done of each location as it will ensure a safe work place, and highlight any potential risks making me aware so I can minimalise risks and danger.
- Storyboards will be done to help me plan and map out the video structure, when editing it will cut down time as I know where I want to place each piece of footage.
- Edit decision list will showcase all footage taken and if I will be using it or not and reasons why.
- Talent release forms will need to be signed by any interviewee so that it gives me the right to use all footage taken
All the pre production documents will help me to prevent any risks, save time and make sure I don’t get in any sticky situations. I think it will turn out really well if I do all the right research, plan and leave myself time to edit it to the best standard.