This is the final version of the documentary with the suggested changes. Sound levels could be better but its the best I could do, under circumstances.
Looking back at the video Youtube it appears blurry and pixelated and I don’t understand why. I asked Danielle what format to export it out as and she said to do it as the same as before. So that’s what I did. I am going to re-export it out as other file formats and see which one is the best. I’ve tried Quicktime, AVI, and Mpeg4.
It is really stressing me out as it looks fine on the project timeline but when exported it changes.
I sent Danielle a draft of the documentary video. She wasn’t keen on the soundtrack we used and wanted some of the footage speeding up. I asked her what sound clip she thought would be more suitable and she sent me a link to download. I don’t particularly agree that, the soundtrack is better but as its a group project I will trust that she is correct.
We both agreed that the sound levels on the interview section is too low and doesn’t match the levels as everything else. I have audio gained it but when I went more it just sounded like Mickey Mouse so I command z it so it went back to the way it was. If we were to do this task again I would make sure we had better sound equipment but due to other students not returning equipment to stores, we didn’t have much choice and still had to move forward with the project.
This is the first exported documentary edit. I am not happy the way it exported some reason it lags and it appears in a black box around rather than fitting the frame. It looks like it fits the frame in the project file so I am unsure why that’s happened.
Exporting and uploading is taking forever, I don’t know what to do as its late and it’s still going. I may have to risk leaving my laptop on overnight and hope that it has done the exporting and uploading by morning.
Between me and Danielle we have edited the full documentary together, we have looked at transitions and the brightness of each clip to make sure they follow on.
We both agreed we still need voice overs and PTC’s just to give it all context. I said to Danielle if she films them and sends me them I will add them to the timeline and clean them up.
I said I would look for relevant royalty free background soundclips and add that in to. Once, happy I will render and export and put onto YouTube and send Danielle the link to it.
Our deadline is the 11th so we have time if needed to go back and alter anything. By sending her the link she can then contact me if she deems anything not right or she thinks needs changing